Please suggest about ITIL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm
by SteveHensley
Hey guys,
My name is Steve and I'm a Mechanical Engineer by degree, based in Columbia, US , and have about 5 years of experience in IT service management in a company that deals with business solutions, . I've always been interested in IT, and in management as well, so this seems like a very viable option at this point.
My main intention to start this thread is not to ask whether ITIL is right for me or not, I've already decided to write my foundations exams soon. What I need to know is where I should start looking for different training organization's . Can you please suggest me with the name of the different training organization which are good and economical.
Please suggest.

Re: Please suggest about ITIL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 am
by Rishi_083
Hi Steve,

Great decision there to take up ITIL course coz ITIL is the future for IT. Well, my name is Brian and I' am the ITIL-Foundation certified professional. Before I took the course, I did a lot of research and found 2 reliable training providers:

1. ITILstudy - This is where I did my course and my experience with them was fruitful. Their course materials, Faculty and their training all together was just awesome. I passed the exam in the first go. I had a great experience with them overall. Also they are economical.

2. Pink Elephant: Few of my colleagues have done their ITIL course from Pink Elephant and they have good review about this provider as well, except that Pink is expensive.

There are lot of other training providers as well. Do some research and see if any of these could fit for you.

All the best!!

Regards
Brian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 am
by Peter_1978
Hi Steve,

It is logical to go for the ITIL Foundation certification since you already have 5 years of experience. A great combination with PMP certification too if you're handling projects in your organization.

Things to look out for when searching vendors/ATO's for ITIL training:

a) Course Duration
b) Pass rate
c) Faculty experience
d) Value for money
e) Value added services

Best way is to do a google search as suggested by Brian. Beware of providers shouting 100% pass rate!

Best of luck & cheers,
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm
by SteveHensley
Thanks alot guys , it's great deal of information that i received from you all.
I think i can make a clear decision now about ITIL

Thanks again.

Regards,
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:51 am
by steveharrry
Recently I have taken ITIL exam and scored 85% through an online training provider, Apart from that pls consider some iTIL books

This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums